LONG ANSWER QUESTIONS:
- Write the postulates of Bohr’s model of a hydrogen atom? Discuss the importance of this model to explain various series of lines spectra in the hydrogen atom.
- How are quantum numbers n, l , m, s arrived, and explain the significance of these quantum numbers?
- Write an essay on the division of elements into s, p, d, and f blocks.
- What is a periodic property? How the following properties vary in a group and in a period? explain.
- Atomic radius
- Electron gain enthalpy
- Ionization enthalpy
- Define IE1 and IE2. Why is IE1 > IE2 for a given atom? Discuss the factors that affect the IE of an element?
- Explain the formation of ionic bonds with suitable examples.
- Explain the factors favorable for the formation of ionic compounds.
- Give an account of VSEPR Theory and its applications.
- What do you understand by hybridization? Explain different types of hybridization involving s and p orbitals.
- Give the molecular orbital energy diagram of N2 and O2. Calculate the respective bond order. Write the magnetic nature of N2 and O2 molecules.
- Describe two methods of preparation of ethylene. Give the equation for the reactions ethylene with the following
- Hypohalous acid
- Cold and dil.alk KMnO4
- Heated with O2 at high pressures
- Give two methods of preparation of acetylene. How does it react with water and ozone?
- How does acetylene react with the following reagents? Give the corresponding equation and name the products formed in the reactions.
- Acetic acid
- Hydrogen halide
- Ammonical AgNO3 and CuCl2
SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
- Even though nitrogen in ammonia is in sp3 hybridization. The bond angle deviates from 109028′ explain.
- Explain the hybridization involved in the PCl5 molecule.
- Explain the hybridization involved in the SF6 molecule.
- What is a hydrogen bond? Explain the different types of hydrogen bonds with examples.
STATES OF MATTER:
- State and explain graham’s law of diffusion?
- Deduce boyl’s law and charle’s law from kinetic gas equation?
- Deduce graham’s law and Dalton’s law from kinetic gas equation?
- Derive an expression for kinetic gas molecules.
- Chemical analysis of a carbon compound gave the following percentage composition by weight of the elements present.
- Carbon = 10.06%
- Hydrogen = 0.84%
- Chlorine = 89.10% Caliculate the empirical formula of the compound?
- A carbon compounds contains 12.8% “C” , 2.1 % “H” , 85.1% “Br” . The molecular weight of the compound is 187.9 caliculate the molecular formula?
- What volume of CO2 is obtained at STP by heating 4g of CaCO3?
- Calculate the oxidation number of sulfur, chromium, and nitrogen in
- Write the balanced equation for the oxidation of sulfite ions to sulfate ions in the acid medium by permanganate ion?
- Define heat capacity .what are are Cp and Cv ?show that Cp -Cv = R
- State and explain the Hess law of constant heat summation
- What is entropy? explain with examples?
CHEMICAL EQUILIBRIUM AND ACIDS -BASES:
- Derive the relation between Kc and Kp for the equilibrium reaction
- N2(g) + 3H2(g) <—–> 2NH3(g)
- What are Le chatelier’s principles? discuss briefly the factors which can influence the equilibrium
- Discuss the application of Richa players principal for the industrial synthesis of ammonia and sulfur trioxide.
- Explain Lewis acid-base theory with suitable examples. Classify the following into Lewis acids, lewis base, and show these acts as Lewis acid-base.